By Kyle Thomas, Electronic Resources Librarian
This is the first post of the Library’s new “How To” series for making access to our e-resources more convenient.
The Library often sees access problems that can be simply resolved by clearing the user’s cache and cookies. The cache refers to a folder for temporary storage, which holds previously-accessed content to make everything load more quickly the next time you visit that site.
The cookies provide a similar function, but from the perspective of the website. When you log in to a website, a cookie is stored on your device, which allows the site to remember you on your next visit. This saves you the hassle of going through the login process again and lets the site track users’ browsing activity.
Occasionally, this stored content can cause problems when you return to a secure website. This article includes a step-by-step walkthrough to clearing the cache and cookies in several popular browsers, both desktop and mobile, along with screenshots. Click on an image to enlarge it and scroll through the screenshots for each browser.
Clearing Cookies/Cache in Desktop Browsers
First, let’s look at how to clear your cookies and cache in popular desktop browsers.
- Open the “Menu” at the upper-right (1), then select the “More tools” submenu (2).
- Choose “Clear Browsing data” (3).
- Select the time range and options you want to clear, then click “Clear data” (4).
- Open “Menu” at the upper-right (1) and select “Settings” (2).
- Choose “Privacy, search, and services” on the left (3), then “Choose what to clear ”(4).
- Select the time range and options you want to clear in the “Clear browsing data” popup, then click “Clear now” (5).
- Open the “Menu” at the upper-right (1), then select “Options” (2).
- Choose “Privacy & Security” on the left (3) and scroll down to select “Clear Data” (4).
- Select the options you want to clear, then click “Clear” (5).
- Click “History” at the top (1), and select “Clear History” (2).
- Choose the time range you want to clear, then press “Clear History” (3).
Clearing Cookies/Cache in Mobile Browsers
Next, here is how to clear your cookies and cache in popular mobile browsers.
- Select the “Menu” icon at the top-right (1).
- Choose “Settings” from the list (2).
- Choose “Privacy and Security” (3).
- Tap “Clear browsing data” (4).
- Select the time range and options you want to clear, then tap “Clear data” (5).
*Note: The browser Cache and Cookies can also be cleared on Android mobile devices through the “Apps” and/or “Settings” menu on certain versions.
- Select the “Menu” icon at the lower-right (1).
- Tap “Settings” (2).
- Tap “Delete browsing data” (3).
- Choose which options you would like to clear, then select “Delete browsing data” (4).
- Open the “Settings” app from your applications list (1).
- Choose “Safari” (2).
- Scroll down to tap “Clear History and Website Data” (3).
- Select “Clear History and Data” on the popup (4).
General troubleshooting steps and information about known resource access problems are available on the Access Help tab on the Library’s Databases page. Further assistance is available by contacting Fordham’s IT Department at HelpIT@fordham.edu.